Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are temporary email addresses?
Temporary email addresses is a service that allows to receive email at a temporary address that self-destructed after a certain time elapses. It is also known by names like : temporary email, disposable email or throwaway email.
2. When I should use temporary email addresses?
Temporary email addresses are usually used when you must enter your private email address, Eg in the case of a registration, and the provider is unknown or does not appear to be sufficiently trustworthy. Because with such providers the danger is very high, that one subsequently received unwanted newsletters or spam emails.
3. How much I have to pay for this services?
Its absolutely FREE! There is no membership of any kind and no costs involved using this service.
4. Since the service is free, then how this service financed?
5. How many email IDs I can create?
There is no limit of number of email IDs you can create.
6. How long is my email ID active?
Email ID is active for you forever as long as the domain name is still connected to our service.
7. How long stay the emails in the inbox?
Your emails are deleted in a day unless manually deleted by you, using the delete button.
8. Where is the delete button?
When you view an individual message, a delete button appears on the menu.
9. I accidentally deleted an important email can you recover it?
No, once an email is deleted it is deleted forever.
10. I've waited more than 15 min but no message arrived!
Sometimes, there can be some delay due because our servers get swamped with tons of users daily. Just try again after sometime. Also, sometimes some of our domains gets blacklisted because of excessive use, so try creating emails from different domain.
11. Is it necessary to download a mobile app or a software to use your service?
No you do not need any software or app. This is a web-based service that is accessible from everywhere.
12. Are my emails safe against unwanted readers?
The security of your emails depends on the choice of e-mail local part (ID). To obtain a large security, you should generate an random e-mail ID. A random e-mail ID is harder to guess and it's in the responsibilty of the user to choose e-mail ID that are hard to guess.
13. Why can’t I send emails from this service?
Ikahana is designed to accept email messages only, and cannot send any messages. If you see any messages coming from ikahana.com, please ignore and delete them - someone else is spoofing ikahana.com addresses.
14. Why can’t I reply to received emails?
Allowing replies to received emails opens up all kinds of unwanted use cases. Ikahana is designed to allow registration to web sites and confirming your email. It’s not designed as a communication platform.
15. I forgot which mail box I used can you help me track it down?
If you didn’t write down the email address you used, we do not have any way to find it.
16. I get spam from Ikahana!
You not receive any spam from Ikahana! Unfortunately it happens again and again, the spammers abusing our legitimate and legal service for their shady dealings. Technically it's a snap to send e-mails with freely selectable sender (in this case Ikahana).
17. Do temporary email addresses always work?
No! One of the biggest problems with throwaway e-mail addresses is that they are on many Blacklists on the web, which list all known domains of temporary email providers. At this point, Ikahana decides clearly to add more domain aliases on regular basis, and also remove the old ones.
18. Do you have any other domain names for this service?
Yes, Ikahana have other domain names and these domains are constantly updated after some time.
19. How to use your random email ID?
When you visit our website, our system will create a random email ID for you. You can also create it manually by select "New" and then "Random".
20. Is your service reliable?
Please see our uptime report.
22. Do you have Disclaimer?
Yes, please read our Disclaimer.
23. What is your Terms and Conditions?
Please read our Terms and Conditions.
24. Who is behind Ikahana?
25. Where to register a domain name?
26. Is there any good web hosting?
Ikahana uses web hosting from Hostens.
27. I have discovered a bug, or I have a idea for a new feature! How to contact Ikahana?
If you have ideas for improvement, or you found a error, then please write us.